Random Thoughts > Ramblings
Relatively easy work week. The drywallers finished up by Wednesday with the Level 5 skim coat finish. Painters were in Thursday morning to prime and first coat paint. VCT tile was delivered Friday afternoon to acclimate over the weekend. Install next week. I had to pull a Saturday shift, but we were gone before lunch and the drive back to Toledo was a breeze.
I am below 241#. That puts me 41 pounds lighter than when I started the new meal plan. I think I may take a break from the weight loss for a bit and try and maintain my level point. Maybe get a new bicycle or some freeweights to get moving. Not real happy with the “love handles” and/or “beer gut” but that will soon pass.
This week, my horoscope stated: “Kenneth, Your love life slows down a bit today. You may have some feeling of insecurity right now because your partner’s attention is on other matters. Keep in mind that they have a life of their own too. If you are single, you may encounter someone who is older than you.”
I’ve been feeling nervous lately. It’s been a while since I’ve seen her and busy schedules get in the way of things. I don’t want to go overboard (patience is not one of my personality traits) and my OCD makes my thoughts spin like a hamster wheel on speed overnights. Some people have a garden hose of thoughts overnight, mine’s a firehose.
I ended up only working 1/2 day on Saturday. So by the time I got back to Toledo, it was lunchtime. I stopped by Lowe’s and picked up some DIY supplies for the weekend:
- Bar unit. It was stained last weekend a natural/cherry stain. This weekend it will get a satin stain. 2 coats with a light 220 grit sand in between. I need to think about getting it filled. I’ve been slack and only have 2 bottles of booze:
- Jose Cuervo – tequila (1/4 bottle left)
- Viper – sour apple shooter
- DVD Storage Unit. The last one for this series. I will build it Sunday morning and install it. The last of the DVDs are going to be sorted out and into storage by end of weekend.
- Popcorn ceiling. The last of the popcorn ceiling in the bedroom/office. I got a tarp down this afternoon and will spray and scrape Saturday night. A little patch work on the holes and prime and paint and it will be so much better. All that is needed is for the trimwork to be pulled, primed, and painted. That’s for another day.