Start of Vacation – the TO DO List
Today was my first day of vacation. I had thoughts of actually going somewhere, but those quickly died and I thought that the most responsible thing would be to stay home and finish up some projects around the house. The “TO DO” list had gotten rather large and if I don’t start now – it’s going to collapse on me.
So it being Saturday, I have started off the week strong:
1. Oil Change – I went to AAA this morning and got an oil change. I love that place. It is always clean and since I am a member, I get the purchase 5 and the 6th is FREE.
2. Headed to Home Depot. I had to pick up a few items from the HD. I bought a set of saw horses – nothing too hefty, but something to start. Some “natural sunlight” fluorescent bulbs (to swap out in my fans – I have a mixture of soft white, white, and sunlight – quite disturbing) and spray paint (so I can continue on PROJECT BUNK BED).
3. Nutrient for the hydroponics garden. I stopped by HotHydro, my local hydroponics supplier. If you’re in the Toledo area – stop by.
4. Once I got home, I put the sawhorses and spray paint to work by finishing up the bunk bed I received from my family. It was the set we had when I was growing up. My brother had it for a while and it was passed to me. I tried to clean it up a bit – but what it really needed was a new coat of paint. Flat black rails and kona brown headboards. A few coats and it dried quickly in the warm spring air. It took a bit to assemble it and I had to replace a few bolts – but I put it together in the spare bedroom. Now I just need to get some twin mattresses…
5. Clean the condo. I finished everything by dinner time – had something to eat and worked on general cleaning of the condo, vacuuming, dusting, throwing out the trash.
Tomorrow: The trip to IKEA (?).